Sophia graduated from the University of Sydney in 2017. She has a special interest in animal dentistry and dermatology. Sophia recently moved to the local area and joined the team at Vetfriends Chatswood in 2020.
What made you decide to be a veterinarian?
- The moment when I saw my first CPR situation on a dog who had arrested. It was so moving to see how the delicate situation was handled and being able to revive a dog. I wanted to be part of that.
Which aspect of the job do you love most?
- Of course, puppy and kitten cuddles are one of my favourite parts of the job. Who wouldn’t love that! However, in all seriousness I see these health checks as a great opportunity to advocate for preventative care for a happy, healthy furbaby.
Do you have any pets? Tell us something special about your pets!
- Charlie is my very loved 3-year-old Cavoodle. He will do just about anything for a treat!
What are your favourite activities for your spare time?
- I always enjoy travel and good outdoor activity. Some of my favourite past times include camping/hiking trips in the mountains, scuba diving in the Philippines and stand-up paddle boarding in Hawaii. I also enjoy calligraphy and watercolour painting on days I feel less active.
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- I would love to be a turtle in the great-big ocean. There is so much to discover and explore in the sea.