Peter is a graduate of the University of Sydney. On graduation he became a rural veterinarian – working as a government vet then as a private practitioner. In 1979, he came to Sydney and became a partner at Ku- Ring- Gai Veterinary Hospital, – a multi-vet dog and cat practice on the North Shore – and stayed there for 30 years. In 2010, Peter sold out of the Practice and commenced Locum Veterinary Work here at Vetfriends Chatswood and he has been a regular here since then.
What made you decide to be a veterinarian?
- Wanted to go on the land but could not afford to buy a property. Had a bond and empathy with animals but was disinterested with sick people.
Which aspect of the job do you love most?
- Meeting people and their pets and Surgery.
Do you have any pets? Tell us something special about your pets!
- No pets at present: Too restricting to travel. Best pet ever “Rupert” a 52Kg Rottweiler.
What are your favourite activities for your spare time?
- Golf and Kayaking on Sydney harbour.
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- An elephant in Africa -quite majestic beasts.