What made you decide to be a veterinarian/veterinary nurse?
- I grew up with many pets and I’ve always considered them as my family, so I know what it feels like to have your pet be an important family member. I chose to pursue becoming a veterinary nurse because I’ve always been intrigued by all kinds of animals, but also because I want to help people feel secure, knowing that their family pet is well looked after.
Which aspect of the job do you love most?
- I love how each pet has their own character, and it reminds me that each one is completely unique, just like people. Some cats and dogs are sweet in nature, some have a bit of a temper, and others are really playful. It gives me a bit of insight into what their daily lives might look like in their own homes, and it helps me to care for them with gentleness, knowing they are part of a lovely home.
Do you have any pets? Tell us something special about your pets!
- I have a tortoiseshell cat named Cupie (after the Japanese mayonnaise brand Kewpie)! She has the most gentle nature and loves cuddles and treats!!
What are your favourite activities for your spare time?
- I love to play guitar, write songs, bake and cook!
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- If I could be an animal, I would be a Basilisk Lizard (or “Jesus Christ Lizard”) because it would be amazing to run on water!