Vanessa graduated from University of Sydney in 2010 and worked at various places around Sydney and Illawarra region before taking a full-time head veterinarian role at Vetfriends Chatswood in early 2014. She passed her membership exam in 2016 and is a member of Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in chapter of Feline medicine.
What made you decide to be a veterinarian?
- When I got into the veterinary science course at University of Sydney! I chose this path as I didn’t want to be any other health professional but have always been interested in health industry. Unlike many vets, it wasn’t my childhood dream to be a veterinarian; I wouldn’t have it any other way now though!
Which aspect of the job do you love most?
- Although cute kittens and puppies do brighten my day as a veterinarian, I love being able to make differences in pets’ general wellbeing and building long-standing relationship with our devoted clients. I also look forward to getting free chocolates from our suppliers!
Do you have any pets? Tell us something special about your pets!
- I have two very spoilt cats; Cinnabon is my first ever pet and has me wrapped all around his little paw. He has the loudest purrs especially around his meal times. Juniper is my furry daughter who joined the family last year. She is a typical stubborn British shorthair with a lot of attitude (i.e. cattitude)!
What are your favourite activities for your spare time?
- Born and (partially) raised in South Korea, I like to keep my Korean language fluent by watching Korean dramas and movies. I am also a huge fan of wine and cheese, so I try to balance it out with trips to the gym.
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- I would like to be a cat owned by a crazy cat lady who would pamper me with attention and treats. An example of such cat would be our precious Monster (the clinic cat)!